May 29, 2019 – Tornado Watch Number 292 has been issued for Berks County and much of the surrounding region by the National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Oklahoma.
The Tornado watch is effective Wednesday afternoon and evening from 1:10pm until 8pm.
Primary threats includes possible tornadoes. Widespread damaging wind gusts to 70 mph likely and isolated large hail events are possible.
During a Tornado Watch
- Have you smartphone ready to receive further updates.
- Keep a portable backup smartphone battery charged.
- Take notice of the weather conditions around you. Clouds swirling in the sky or creating shallow funnels are signs that a tornado may form.
- Be aware that even if a tornado does not form, severe thunderstorms pose a safety risk.
- Review your plans for emergencies and natural disasters.
- Make sure your emergency supplies are accessible.