The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers announced the swimming beach at Blue Marsh Lake will open to the public on Thursday, July 2, 2020. The bathhouse and shower facilities at the beach will also open.
Visitation in the Dry Brooks Day Use Area will be limited to 75% capacity. Park Rangers say they will be monitoring the visitation and closing the area as needed.
The parking lot at Dry Brooks Boat Launch will be limited to only vehicles with trailers from 7am to 6pm from July 3 to July 5, 2020.
Park Rangers are remind the public to follow social distancing practices while at the lake. To help avoid exposure to COVID-19 and protect others, and still enjoy the outdoors:
- Don’t recreate in groups — go with those under the same roof, and adhere to social distancing (stay 6 feet apart)
- Wear a mask
- Take hand sanitizer with you and use it regularly
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, and nose
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow
- If you are sick, stay home
- If you are looking to be outdoors, stay as close to home as possible including your backyard, neighborhood, or your local park or trail unless they are crowded or closed.
Artículo en: Español (Spanish)