In a YouTube video posted Thursday, City of Reading Mayor, Eddie Moran, issued a message to the community regarding Governor Wolf moving Berks County to the “Yellow Phase” of the COVID-19 mitigation strategy.
“As for the Governor’s order, the city of Reading and the county is going to move on to the yellow phase. As you may already know the governor put us in a region for COVID-19 reopening.” said Moran.
“We go into the yellow and I need you to please educate yourself and become familiar with the guidelines.”
Yellow Phase Restrictions
- Stay at Home Order Lifted for Aggressive Mitigation
- Large Gatherings of More Than 25 Prohibited
- In-Person Retail Allowable, Curbside and Delivery Preferable
- Indoor Recreation, Health and Wellness Facilities and Personal Care Services, and all Entertainment Remain Closed
- Restaurants and Bars May Open Outdoor Dining, in Addition to Carry-Out and Delivery
For additional guidelines, visit: https://www.governor.pa.gov/process-to-reopen-pennsylvania/
“I’m going to always encourage you follow those recommendation to do the simple things that have been done in the last several weeks, the last 2 months to be exact, by wearing them face mask, to cover your face when you’re in public.”
“Dr. Levine says that your face mask protects me, my face mask protects you. In addition, social distance and washing your hands regularly for 20 seconds. This is the only way that we stay healthy and stay safe.”