Berks County Public Libraries recently held its 18th annual awards celebration at the System Headquarters on Berks Road. The awards honored outstanding library services in addition to individuals and organizations in the community for their support and contributions to the advancement of libraries in Berks County.
50 nominations from individuals and groups were submitted this year for consideration in categories such as Outstanding Local Business, Trustee of the Year, and the Chet Hagan Memorial Public Relations Award, among others.
The Berks County Public Libraries Board of Directors selected category winners and presented the awards in front of a packed room.
The award recipients from the 18th annual awards celebration:
- Linda Baer Friend of the Year—Barbara Stolz, Friend of the Kutztown Community Library
- Trustee of the Year—Maureen Dolan, Reading Public Library
- Outstanding Community Organization—Jewish Federation of Reading/Berks
- Outstanding Local Business—Berkshire Mall
- Outstanding Elected Official—State Representative Mark Rozzi
- Outstanding Library Director—Mallory Hoffman, Exeter Community Library
- Outstanding Library Staff Member—Patti Hutchinson, Mifflin Community Library
- Outstanding Fundraising Effort—Summer Reading Carnival, Bethel-Tulpehocken Public Library
- Outstanding Program—summerSTEAM@RPL, Reading Public Library
- Chet Hagan Memorial Public Relations Award—Kutztown Community Library
- Certificate of Merit—Lisa Rand, Boyertown Community Library; Jennifer Smilko, Berks County Public Libraries