Habitat for Humanity of Berks County will reopen its Habitat ReStore at 5370 Allentown Pike, Temple on June 6.
“We are excited to welcome our shoppers, donors and volunteers back into the store,” said Executive Director, Tim Daley. “The Habitat ReStore helps to fund the hope of homeownership in Berks County and we are truly thankful for our customers’ continued patronage and support.”
Habitat’s ReStore management and staff have taken measures to ensure everyone’s safety by following guidelines for reopening, such as cleaning, disinfecting and social distancing protocols.
Although the store has suspended furniture pick ups, they are accepting donations. People can drop off their items at the back of the store from 10am to 4:30pm, Wednesday through Saturday and 1pm to 4:30 pm on Sundays.
“To everyone in the community who spent time spring cleaning while sheltering in place, we’re happy to take those donation items off your hands,” said Daley. “Every donation and sale helps us build homes in the community. So, we need them―we need you―now more than ever. When you donate to and shop at the ReStore, your contribution stays right here in this community where it belongs.”
Store personnel encourage people to check the Habitat for Humanity of Berks County website to see what items the store accepts.
The store will resume its normal hours of Wednesday through Saturday, 9am to 6pm and Sunday noon to 6pm. “We are looking forward to seeing our customers soon,” said Daley.
Habitat ReStore is taking the following precautions:
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the cash register
- Single direction aisles have been designated and marked
- Staff have been trained on new procedures including hourly hand washing breaks and regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces along with professional sanitizing proceedures.
- Doors will remain open to facilitate airflow
- PPE is provided to all staff members, and is required to be worn
New shopper guidelines:
- Masks will be expected. This includes staff, volunteers and shoppers. If a customer is unable to wear a mask, we will be glad to arrange for a curbside pick up.
- We are limiting the number of customers in order to allow for adequate distancing. Please plan for possible waiting time in an outdoor line, maintaining at least six feet of distance between you and other customers. Also, please kindly keep this limit in mind when shopping and avoid bringing a group of people with you if possible.
- Please watch for the separate entrance and exit doors.
- Please be mindful of direction signs and social distancing.