In February of 2019, the Berks County Drug Task Force initiated a drug investigation after receiving information from a confidential source that Albert Dunn was dealing heroin and other illegal drugs within the City of Reading, Pennsylvania. During the investigation, detectives learned that Dunn was already on state parole for previous felony drug charges.
The investigation revealed that Dunn’s customers would contact him via cellular telephone. The drug transactions were made from 1244 Perkiomen Avenue, Reading and at other locations throughout Berks County.
Within the course of the investigation, surveillance showed that Dunn sold significant amounts of heroin to during the months of May and April. It was learned that Dunn was working along with his girlfriend, Kira F. Bowell. Boswell was storing drugs and guns for Dunn at her home.
Subsequently, on May 30, 2019, the Berks County Detectives obtained search warrants for the residences of 1438 N. Front Street and 1244 Perkiomen Ave, Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania. The search warrants were signed by Magisterial District Judge Stuart Kennedy.
On May 31, 2019 at approximately 6:41 AM, the Berks County Detectives, the Reading Police Vice Unit and the Pennsylvania State Police served the search warrants on the suspects’ residences. At the time of the execution of the search warrants, both Dunn and Boswell were found and placed under arrest.
As a result, the following items were found and seized:
1. Ruger P89DC 9mm handgun
2. Ruger EC9S 9mm handgun
3. Four hundred thirty-two (432) baggies containing “crack” Cocaine
4. Drug paraphernalia related to Heroin, “crack” Cocaine and Methamphetamine
5. Two (2) Cobra 2-way radios
6. Assorted apartment keys
7. Assorted documents related to suspects, Dunn and Boswell
8. Two (2) cellular telephones
9. Two (2) safes
10. Six (6) white glassine packets Heroin
11. Fourteen (14) Suboxone strips
12. An amount of Crystal Methamphetamine
13. An amount of powder Cocaine
14. Twenty-two (22) clear plastic baggies of Cocaine
15. Five (5) Oxycodone Hydrochloride pills, 30mg.
16. $2,630.00 in United States currency, believed to be proceeds from the sale of controlled substances
On May 31, 2019, Dunn and Boswell were transported to the Berks County Sheriff’s Department Central Processing Center for processing and arraignment. Bail was set for both at $100,000. They both currently remain in Berks County Jail pending further court action.
Persons Not to Possess, Use, Manufacture, Control, Sell or Transfer Firearms
Possession with Intent to Deliver – Crack Cocaine, Heroin and Methamphetamine
Possession – Crack Cocaine, Heroin and Methamphetamine
Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Criminal Conspiracy to all
As in every criminal case, the fact that an arrest has occurred, or a complaint has been filed is merely an accusation and the defendants are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. Information in this article was sourced from the Berks County District Attorney’s office.