The Berks County Commissioners have announced they are hosting a virtual discussion on law enforcement, today, June 10, 2020 at 3:30pm on Microsoft Teams Live.
Titled, “A Discussion on Law Enforcement – Are Changes Needed?”, Commissioners say the discussion is prompted by the recent death of George Floyd, and have invited various local law enforcement agencies to join the virtual meeting.
Each law enforcement panel presenter will be given 5-7 minutes to express their point of view. After that the panel, commissioners says they will field questions from the public and media.
- John Adams – Berks County District Attorney
- Janine Quigley – Berks County Jail Warden
- Eric Weaknecht – Berks County Sheriff
- Stephen D. Powell – West Reading Chief of Police
- Mark Hackney – Reading Police Officer
- Hector Santiago – Reading Police Officer
- Ramon Caraballo – Muhlenberg Twp. Police Dept. / Det. Sgt.
- Zachary Smith – Berks County Sheriff’s Dept. / Deputy Sheriff
- Miguel Castro – Berks County Jail / Captain
- Nelson Ortiz – Berks County DA / Lieutenant
The public can join the virtual meeting here: Watch Microsoft Teams Live. Berks Weekly will be live streaming the event on Facebook: https://facebook.com.berksweekly